If you are my Mom... STOP READING!!!

Everyone else...you can peek. This is a card I made for my parents wedding anniversary. I know I say this a lot but THIS is my favorite card. I was inspired by the sketch over at My Paper World. I used my Always stamp set from Stampin Up. I have been admiring all the wonderful cards people were making with this set. I can honestly say I had no idea this existed even though I had been through my catalog thousands of times. I wasn't until I saw what Beate could do with this set that I thought, what is that, I have to have it.



Okay, lets see if I can explain it all. I stamped the bird first in Barely Banana. Then I used a sponge dauber to blot a little bit of Chocolate Chip Ink on the stamp. I stamped him again and I REALLY like the way it looks. I even had to take a close up shot just to show you. I started to cut out his legs, then realized I had a life to get back too and just stamped them on the BP. Again I apologize, I have no idea who makes this paper. It was from a 6x6 block of vintage looking cardstock. I used my ticket punch on the edges of the bird and mounted him on the decorative paper and then a piece of Close to Cocoa paper. This was my first attempt at the Versamark pad for a watermark design with the berries and I think I did alright. I inked all the edges with my Distress Ink (I can't help it) and also used my Versamark pad for the Everything stamp. Final touches were the cute little flowers attached with a brad. I love the soft colors but mostly that little bird. Thanks for looking!





4 comments:

My Paper World said...

OMG! Maria! This is just BEAUTIFUL!
I LOVe the gorgeous bird stamp, the papers, and the distressed edges! It's all perfect! and your parents are going to love it!!
thanks for using the sketch!
Nicola xx

melanie said...

Beautiful card, love the bird it looks great

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, love the bird stamp

LISA said...

Wow it is beautiful, your parents are going to love it!!!!
Lisa xx