Mojo Madness Week 26

Oh boy was I excited about this sketch. Julee always has the best sketches. If you haven't checked out her stuff yet, you should. She is also the designer of Verve Visual stamps. There is a Serenity set that is totally been calling my name. I have been trying not to buy other stamps right now to try and get my SU collection growing but this set is tempting me. They are having 15% off AND free shipping at Verve just through the end of February. I guess you know what I will be ordering on February 29th!!!!


Anyway, I have been really excited about sharing this card with you. I used my new Bloomin Beautiful set that comes out on March 1st. This set is so gorgeous. I new right away I wanted to use this flower for the large panel. Julee's sketch had only 4 squares on the side but I thought mine needed five (sorry Julee). The squares I punched were a bit smaller and four looked empty. I used my Earthy Elements markers to color it in and love the way the big flower looks. I even had to take a close up pic just to show you. I used a flower punch for the side, distressed the edges and attached it with a jeweled brad from SU. I wanted to do a scallop like the card Julee made but my punch is on backorder. I tried a circle but didn't care for the way it looked so I had to compromise but ultimately I think I like this better.


I was totally on a creative roll yesterday, I got throug three cards in a hour, can you believe it. I finished all my cards for the sketch challenges, two more left. So check back for those creations.

2 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

WOW!! This is beautiful. That sketch really is cool and your card is...well like I said... WOW!!

Julee T. (Shadowcatcher) said...

You totally rocked the sketch, girl! Love those bees on the squares. Just beautiful. Glad you enjoyed the sketch! :)