Verve Visual Challenge

Well this is my very first challenge and WOW did I find a good one. Verve Visual is a stamping company offering this challenge to all stampers. Get this, the winner gets to be a guest designer for one month with the company. Cross your fingers!! I came across it searching my favorite blogs. I have been waiting two days to try my hand at this sketch (sick kids). I couldn't stop at just one so I did three.
This one was my first and I sort of like it. It is what I wanted to do but something wasn't right. On my second attempt I figured out what it was. The size of the brown diamond is too small or the one with my stamped image is too big. Either way the proportions just weren't right. I do like the ribbons on this one though.

My second try brought this ladybug card. I really liked the way this one turned out. The coloring I did on the stamp itself has to be my favorite. I like the shading and the two toned coloration on the body. This just turned out to be a very fun, playful card. In hind sight I wish I hadn't done the stitching around the bee. I was going to hand draw the stitches with a green pen to mimic the ones in the background paper and I think it would have turned out better if I had. (Lesson 1: Trust your instincts :)

Ok, and for the grand finale I made the flower card. Your probably looking at it thinking, hello, you were suppose to stamp the card, but I promise I did. That LITTLE yellow circle in the middle was stamped. So, maybe it was a bit of a stretch but I was trying to do something out of the ordinary with the square shape in the middle. (I just couldn't make myself cut one more box.) I LOVE the way the shading on the petals turned out. It sort of makes it look like the tips are beginning to die like a real flower would. Instead of a solid sheet of paper behind the flower I used two pieces of ribbon. I think for my first "challenge" I did pretty good. I'm off to find more sketches because boy is this addicting!!

3 comments:

Home Made Greetings said...

Lovely cards. One thing I have to point out though is that the image is of a bee and not a lady bug ;-)

Bethany Paull said...

These are all GREAT! And I love how you made your own flower on the last one.

Julee T. (Shadowcatcher) said...

These are all so beautiful. I love the ribbons on the first one, the stitching on the second, and the fabulous homemade flower on the third. Thanks for playing! :)