Sympathy Card

Sympathy cards are not something I make a lot of (which is a good thing) so when a friend of mine need two I headed straight to Splitcoast for a bit of inspiration. There were so many beautiful cards! I just picked a few elements from the cards I loved and this is what I came up with.
Since the card was for a male I wanted it to be soft, but masculine. I think it ended up just perfect. The colors and lines of the background paper are strong but the stamped images are very soft, bold, but soft. For this card I used my Serenity set from Verve Visual. LOVE IT!!!!!! I think it is my ALL TIME FAVE (don't tell Stampin Up). I could use it all the time. Anyway, I stamped the solid flower in Chocolate Chip on vanilla cardstock and the outline in Black on vellum cardstock. I tore the corner and inked the edges in chocolate chip. Tearing it just seemed to represent sorrow to me, very fitting for a sympathy card. My husband thought I burned the vellum which I guess would work but I think my idea was a bit smarter, not to mention safer. Oh, the male mind. Even cardmaking involves danger?!?!?!
The vellum is attached to the cardstock with two metallic brads. I was going to add three to the bottom panel next to the sentiment but once I stamped it I changed my mind. It was just simple and I liked it. Some cards just don't require to much fuss. I definately want to try the vellum again soon so you may see more cards like this soon.
DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT FOR BLOG CANDY.
YOU CAN FIND THE POST here!!!!

3 comments:

JenMarie said...

Lovely!

Allison said...

Wow...this is so distinctive. I have not seen vellum used like this (and I have seen a lot of cards...ha!). Terrific (worthy of stealing!) and a great color palette too!

rebekah said...

Love it! glad it is mine! :)