Baby Shower Time

Finally, today is the day. I have been doing so much in prepartion for this shower and finally it's here. I'm the only kid in my family to have children so this baby is much anticipated. It's been so nice seeing someone else pregnant :) These are the last of the gifts that I made for the shower games.

The first is just a candle I bought from Wal-Mart and spruced up a bit. I made a belly band for it using paper from My Minds Eye and black cardstock. The 12x12 sheet of decorative paper just barely fit. I didn't have any black 12x12 paper and really wanted the black trim, I don't know why other than that's just how I pictured it. Anyway, since it didn't quite fit I decided to make it look intentional by placing my flower there, sort of a frame for it. The flowers are from the Doodle This stamp set from SU. I love this set, the flourishes are great and I love the way these flowers layer. I added a jumbo eyelet and jewled brad to "pretty" it up.
These next gifts were what I came up with for the jars I have had sitting on my kitchen counter for weeks. I've just been filling them with candy and giving them to my SU hostessess but I wanted something different for the shower. I searched "jar recipes" online and found THIS cool site with TONS of recipes to give as gifts in a jar. I used the Cappucino Mix Recipe to fill them both. I did'nt quite fill them so I had to one and a half the recipe. I used SU rub-ons for the jars and paper from My Minds Eye to cover the top of the lid. I wrapped ribbon around the jar lid and attached the directions with linen thread.

2 comments:

Courtney Fowler said...

Oh my goodness, what super ideas! I seem to always be hostessing some sort of shower so these ideas will come in really handy! Thank you!!

Sheila D said...

Wow, I love these. Thanks for the jar idea and the link to the recipes. I'm going to try the cappucino one too.