Big on Spring

My mom needed a card for a bridal shower over the weekend and of course I had to use the bride to be stamp from Stampin Up's Big On Spring set featured in the mini catalog. I loved all these stamps right away and this one had yet to be inked. Normally coloring images is my all time fave but I was having a coloring brain fart when I tried to make this card. I stamped this image 8 different times trying to get it right. I wasted an entire sheet of Whisper White card stock. I tried my SU markers, my copics and even my watercolor pencils. NOTHING WAS WORKING. I thought about going a whole new direction with a different stamp but I didn't really know what else to do. Finally I decided to just stamp it on the same decorative paper as the background and cut out each individual letter. I HATE CUTTING!!!! This was a definate last resort, but once I got it done.....I loved it. This card really did turn out quite well cosidering all the screw up and the almost 45 minutes it took to make. The card stock is Blush Blossom and Chocolate Chip. The decorative paper is from My Mind's Eye and the ribbon is..... don't know ;) The first couple of times I stamped it I stamped the whole image. For the finished project I ended up taping off the flowers from the "I" bouquet. They were throwing me off. I would love to make more of these but I'm not sure I'm up for more cutting. We'll see!!!

2 comments:

Patty W said...

It's very pretty !

Have you ever seen the new fingertip craft knife that Fiskars has out? I hear it's great for this type of detail work! I've not tried it yet but hear it works wonderfully once you get the hang of it it. You kind of slip your finger into it like a ring... probably sounds confusing :)

Just a thought :)

rebekah said...

I think it turned out real nice. Never would of known all the trouble you went too! :)