A Doodle, Doodle, Doodle!!!

Any mom's watch Blues Clues with their kids??? Then you get my title!!!! Of course, I sang it as I typed it!!!!!I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your kind words and yes, I'm doing a little better. I'm trying to back off the meds to get my head back on straight!! I'm walking almost normal today so I might finally get out and get to a few things that have needed done.

Today's card is another simple card but easily a fave. The cardstock is SU's Tempting Turquoise and the patterned paper is, of course, My Mind's Eye. I just really love their stuff. I even bought another slab the last time I was at Hobby Lobby. I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I love it so much I hate to use it. Buying another stack made me feel like I have enough to spare. It will take me forever to use and that's not even mentioning all the other paper I have in my storage system. I don't even dig through it anymore but I know I need to. Sorry, a little of track there. The stamp set is Doodle This. I have wanted this stamp since I signed on but kept putting it aside for another order. Finally I have it and I love it. These flowers stacked are so cool. I used a yellow rhinestone brad in the center of a jumbo eyelet and it really makes this flower pop. I had seen this a few times, mostly on Beate's blog, and kept forgetting to try it!!! LOVE IT!!!! All the images were stamped in Close to Cocoa. This card is super fast but it does take a little time to cut the flowers. One trick I figured out with them though is you just have to get the top flower exact. There's no need to cut in real close on the bottom two because most of it gets covered :) Til' tomorrow, happy Thursday!!!

2 comments:

Sheila D said...

Love your card. Yes, it's simple but beautiful. Glad you're feeling better but if you don't take it easy (I know it's hard) you will end up back at step 1. So, please take care.

Courtney Fowler said...

I LOVE how you put the brad inside the eyelet. Very cute idea!