Just Celebrate

I love this cake from the Just Celebrate stamp set from Stampin Up. I think it is really cute. The only problem I have is I can't seem to color the cake anything but Chocolate Chip, and the icing is always Cameo Coral or some shade of pink. I have seen some really cute cards were the cake is blue or purple and the icing is green, but I just can't make myself do it. I'm to literal, cake's just aren't blue!!! Well when you only color a certain stamp the same ALL THE TIME it's hard to think of a cute color scheme. However, I think I found one this time.

This paper really was the inspiration behind the whole card. I was flipping through my paper from My Minds Eye when I saw this decorative paper. The colored dots really resemble the Stampin Up colors I used, Cameo Coral, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel. I let the circles take over by using half circles on the sides and the scalloped circle in the middle. The ribbon is SU's Sky Blue!

Thanks for taking a look and don't forget about my BLOG CANDY POST! Let a comment on that post and I will be drawing a winner for the Merci Stamp Set on April 23rd!!!!!

2 comments:

Courtney Fowler said...

Maria, I love these circles... very nice.

Kathy H said...

Cool blog, thanks Kathy Hering...