Mr. Mojo Risin'

Got to keep on risin', risin' risin'. This is the song that has been in my head ALL NIGHT. It comes to mind everytime I work on Julee's sketches. Do you know what song it is??? L.A. Woman by The Doors. I did have to check the lyrics this morning before I posted this though, because I hated to be singing it wrong and people go "What, that's not the words", but I was right. Mr. Mojo is Risin'. I even had to download the song this morning, I'm hoping to drive it from my brain by finally listening to it.

So last night Jim Morrison and I headed to my craft room to create my Mojo card. After working into the wee hours on this and some other projects I finally headed to bed. The problem was Jim wanted to go to bed with me. (He didn't even buy me dinner :) I could not get it out of my head and I couldn't remember how the rest of the song went. I repeated one lyric, over, and over, and over. After a few cups of coffee though I think my day will be just fine. At least now I am singing the rest of the song too.

Okay, so enough babble, here's my card:
I have been ignoring my Stampendous bee's for awhile now and decided to pull them out. I made one card using YoYo Yellow and wow, is that a scary color! I just wasn't happy with it. This was my second, attempt and I really love the way it turned out. I used More Mustard instead and I like this color combo better. I used my Stampendous flower stamp for the backgroud and just love these flowers. I used my Copics and my SU markers to color in all the images. The strip across the bottom is Real Red and the ribbon is just a cheapo from Hobby Lobby. This is a bolder color choice for me as lately things were getting a little dull. It makes me happy just looking at it this morning. Hope you like it. Tonight I'm hoping to get to ANOTHER Verve challenge. Check it out HERE! THERE'S A PRIZE!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Julee T. (Shadowcatcher) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julee T. (Shadowcatcher) said...

This is adorable! Love the flowers in the background. I don't think I've ever heard that song, I'm downloading it on iTunes now, though - so we can both have it running through our head! LOL! :)

Bethany Paull said...

I agree. YoYo Yellow is NOT something I reach for too often. Hmmm, possibly never in fact. But I love your card done in mustard, especially how you colored the background flowers on colored cardstock.

denise said...

The card is very CUTE! I love the colors and design. Nice job!
Densie G