Toot Toot!!!!

That is the sound of me tooting my own horn. I LOVE the way these gifts turned out!! I volunteered to make the game gifts for my sister's baby shower. I really didn't know what I wanted to make but knew I had to do something. I went to Target and got a few tins from there dollar bin and a few little gift items. This is what the tin looked like bare. I loved the shape of it. The problem was paper doesn't "wrap" around it because of it's shape. But it was really easy to cut four panels and attach them. This is what I came up with:

The paper alone looked really cute but I couldn't resist adding a little ribbon. It turned out perfect because it gave me a place to hang this cute little tag to say thanks for coming.


The panels on the front and back were cut at 2 1/2 and then I folded the edges over to make a crease and cut along the line. I used Snail Adhesive from Stampin Up to attach the paper. The side panels were 2 5/8 and I used the same fold over method to cut the sides to fit. The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby and I used Sticky Strip to attach it. (It has a much stronger hold.) The tags are from the So Many Scallops set. I stamped them in Certainly Celery and Pixie Pink. I used my scallop punch to cut them out and tied them on with some linen thread.


The next tin is going to be filled with gardening goodies, I just don't have them yet. I didn't do as much to this tin because I couldn't figure out a way to get paper attached right. The circle shape was to hard to make something work. I made a cute little tag with the watering can from my Blooming With Love set. I punched circles and scallops and layered everything. I pierced the edges of the scallops and used linen thread to tie it on. I used the ribbon on the handle to hold the tag in place and also wrapped it around the bucket.
I still have to finish up a few more that I will show you too!!


DON'T FORGET ABOUT MY BLOG CANDY. I WILL BE DRAWING A WINNER TOMORROW. YOU CAN LEAVE ON COMMENT ON THE POST BY CLICKING here!

1 comment:

Giovana said...

I like them all!!! I have a baby shower soon and you jast gave the perfect idea!!

Thanks a lot
God bless
GIovana