Verve Visual * Take Two *

I wanted to play with Julee's Verve Visual Guest Design Challenge one more time this month. I didn't find this one to be quite as challenging. Maybe I over thought the last one a bit to much. You can see my first submission {HERE}.

This card was inspired by a shirt my daughter got for her birthday. She looked so cute in it!!! As she was getting her jammies on it hit me. That would make the cutest card. She thought I was nuts when I tucked her in and headed to my craft room with her shirt in hand, but she was happy with the results the next morning. She wants to keep the card :)
I used the Verve's Thankful Blossoms set for the white flower in the background and the Butterflies on the main image. Oh yeah and the sentiment too! This is one of my favorite sentiments. Just very sweet! The teal background flowers are from SU's Simply Said stamp set. The card itself is Bashful Blue from SU and the accent colors are Taken with Teal and Chocolate Chip. The butterflies were stamped four times, twice on the main panel and two times on scrap paper, cut out and then attached so they could fly!!!! I added Stickles glitter to the wings and it made the chocolate chip ink run, it is actually a really cool effect all by accident. I first inked the butterflies with Taken with Teal and then used my Chocolate Chip marker to THUMP the stamp. I did the same on the word Smile in the sentiment. I used my Marvy Giga Square Scallop punch and added silver brads for some dazzle!!!! I can't wait to try out a few more shirts for inspiration. Kids clothes are great for this!!! Hope you like.

1 comment:

rebekah said...

Again very cute. Making the butterflies "fly" was a great idea!!