Wedding Cake

WOW, I am amazed at the amount of new subscribers I have had these last two days!! (Hello, new readers!) The way things are going I am going to have to post another blog candy after this one ends. If you haven't signed up for the candy yet you can check out the post HERE!

The card I have for you today is kind of a cheat card. I needed to make a few wedding cards and don't really have any wedding stamps. I had seen a card kind of similar to this and knew I wanted to try it. I really like the way it turned out, and talk about simple. I cut some rectangles, rounded the top corners and inked the edges with my Ranger Distress Ink. I think the color is antique linen. The paper is Stampin Up's Pretty in Pink. I attached the flowers with brads and used some craft wire to make the cake stand. All I did was tape it to the card and adhere the bottom cake layer over the top. I attached the sticker to a piece of gray cardstock just so I could mount it with dimensionals to give it a little depth. I took a close up picture of the wire just so you could see how it looked. This card took about 10 minutes to complete. I'm hoping to get to a few variations of it because wedding season is fast approaching.
Thanks again to everyone for stopping by!!

2 comments:

Richelle said...

This very cute...and no stamping! Wow.
Richelle

Patty W said...

This is SO cute and so clever !! I like it alot !