Birthday Party Invitation's

I headed to my craft room yesterday with the intention of getting my daughter's birthday party invites made. We are having her party this year on Father's Day (here birthday is the day after) so we are having a double celebration! Well possibly a triple since my sister is due with her first baby on June 13th. Anyway, I know I had plenty of time to get them done but I hate waiting until the last minute. I love feeling in control of my life instead of my life controling me. Not always easy as a mother of three, but I try. Procrastination is not a word in my vocab. I'm sure a lot of you hate me for that :)
I had four sketch challenges on my desk that I really wanted to get to. Once I decided on one of my bee stamps from Stampendous the sketch choice was obvious. I picked this weeks Mojo sketch from Poetic Artistry. I knew my stamp would be perfect for the horizontal panel. It's not my favorite card but I didn't want to get to over the top since I had to make ten of them. Quick and easy is the best for duplicate cards. I used a pink textured cardstock for the back and My Mind's Eye paper scraps for the vertical panel. I backed the polka dot paper with Chocolate Chip and punched a scallop circle from this cardstock too. The stamped image was colored with my Copics. I am really loving blending and shading with them even though this isn't my favorite. I inked all the edges with Close to Cocoa and stamped the sentiment from Short and Sweet in Basic Black.
Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Julee from Verve said...

Sweet card! I love those bees and haven't pulled mine out in a while. Thanks for playing! :)

patty w said...

That is so cute and fun!