Double Mojo!!












YEAH!!!! I finally made it to my craft room. I have had a headache ALL WEEK that just wouldn't go away. I decided headache or not I NEEDED to stamp. Guess what??? My headache is gone. Coincidence?? I think not! Apparently I was going through stamping withdrawal.
I knew the best way to get my stamping groove back was to play with Julee's latest Mojo Sketches. I didn't have a chance to get to last weeks so I did both. I think I like last weeks card better than the one for this week. I really loved the idea I had for this weeks sketch but it just didn't translate like I thought it would. I think it was the color choice of the brads and the paper underneath the lace. Also, I like the straight lines of last weeks better. Maybe if the Serenity prayer was cropped straight instead of using the scallop punch?? I don't know, what do you think? I used the same papers for both cards so I didn't have so many scraps left. The card stock is SU's Whisper White and Chocolate Chip. The decorative paper is from My Mind's Eye.
Both of these layouts are getting added to my fave's collection. I like the panels of the decorative paper in the background. I'm hoping to get to a few more and brighten them up a bit. By that I mean, NO CHOCOLATE CHIP!!! That color is such a safety net for me. I turn to it all the time. I've been wanting to try a color combo from one of my daughter's shirts and these layouts would be pretty cool for it. Plus, this week's Mojo Sketch could win you a Verve set!! Gotta love that! So I figure why not try a few times. (Make my odds of winning a bit better ;) Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY FRIDAY!!





4 comments:

Courtney Fowler said...

These are just gorgeous!

Carolyn King said...

that is beautiful. love the lace accents!

JessicaLynn said...

I LOVE the paper you used on this card. it is amazing!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Jessica

Julee T. (Shadowcatcher) said...

So sorry to hear about your headaches. I get migraines frequently, so understand your pain. Both cards are just lovely. I do think a card without chocolate chip is like a card without stamping! LOL! I'm hopelessly addicted to chocolate chip! ;)