A Hoppy Frog

I was determined last night to get into my craft room. I spent the day cleaning and organizing it and wanted to reward myself with a little creative time. Problem was by the time the kids FINALLY gave in to sleep I really wanted to sleep myself. I drug myself downstairs to stamp anyway. I think this was a mistake. I went down with this sketch from Taylored Expressions because I was sure I was going to need a little guidance. I could not get a card to work for me. I cut into four pieces of card stock and three pieces of decorative paper only to come up with this:



Yes, I know it isn't the sketch!!! I tried really I did. I changed colors, papers, stamps and this was all I could do. I spent 45 minutes coming up with this. Sad I know! I am seriously out of practice. I almost didn't post it put I didn't have anything else to share with you. The only thing I do like about this card is my coloring. While I still need a lot of practice with my Copics I am finally figuring out how to do the shading which is the coolest when you get it right. I took a close up shot of the frog to show you. I don't like the way the ground turned out but the frog looks good. I didn't keep track of the markers I used because it was late and well I forgot!! Hopefully this next week will bring better cards. Sorry!!!


2 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

I have such a hard time getting back into the groove if I haven't stamped for a while. But I think this is really cute! I like the frog on those fun stripes.

Courtney Fowler said...

It's not the sketch, but it's REALLY cute!

Oh yes,
Having a party on my blog, and you're invited! :)