Mojo Madness Week 37

Well, Julee has done it again. Isn't this the coolest sketch!!! I couldn't resist and actually got to try it out before the end of the week. I have a whole bank of sketches on my computer right now to try. I find the card making (and scrap booking) process goes so much faster when I have a layout to work with. I tend to over think my placement of things so this is so much quicker. However, I love when you sit down in the middle of everything and your project just comes together. Letting your creativity do what it wants is always fun too.

I used more white space than usual on this card and don't yet know what I think of it. I was definately inspired by Julee's card and thought I would try it. I think I would have liked more layers. I'm just not comfortable with so much unused space. Charmaine over at Oodabug Alley has some AMAZING cards with pretty much no layers. They are beautiful, I just can't seem to accept mine with all the white.
For my card I used Stampin Up's Old Olive card stock and the decorative paper from My Mind's Eye. Again this was just a scrap on my desk. I have a HUGE mess in my craft room. I almost bailed on the card when I saw the mess. I still haven't unpacked from my scrapbooking weekend and I left things a mess before I went. I was going to do a card for Taylor's cupcake sketch too but had such a hard time finding what I needed for this card that I decided cleaning was in order first. I used my long neglected butterfly from my Merci stamp set. I colored it with my Copic markers. This was my first attempt at shading and didn't do to bad. I forgot to stamp in a more permanent ink so my pinks made the black bleed a little. Does anyone have a recomendation for black ink that is good for coloring???? I had planned on cutting each word out and attaching them with brads like the sketch
showed however once I added the brads on the corners of my butterfly I thought it might be overkill. The whole panel just fit to the side so I went with it. I inked the edges in Chocolate Chip and colored the little flower in pink. I added glitter to the butterfly and flower centers just because. The ribbon is Old Olive grosgrain. This ribbon is by far my favorite. I love the texture of it, not to mention that it matches my cardstock perfectly.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

Oh my word! That is a BEAUTIFUL card.

Julee T. (Shadowcatcher) said...

This is just beautiful! I love every inch of it. :) My comfort zone is definitley with not much white space, but it was fun to try something different this week! Thanks for playing! :)