Mojo Monday Week 38

I'm a little unsure on my feelings about this card. It's been sitting on my entertainment center since I made it and I'll walk past one time and think, "Wow, I really like that" and the next I feel like something is missing. I think if I had put a black panel behind the red I may have liked it a little more.
I made this card for my cousin who is getting married this weekend. The colors are black, white and red so I let them be the inspiration for this card. I used Julee's Mojo sketch too. I'm hoping to get to it again since my new VERVE stamps came. OMG!!! These have to be my new fave's and they haven't even seen ink yet. Floral Whimsy has 29 STAMPS!!! I love that this set has the same image in a couple different sizes. It makes layering them a bit more fun than when everything is the same size. Also, Verve has a color challenge I'm wanting to try. The colors are pretty bright so I'm hoping I can make them work. Sorry I got a little distracted. The card is SU's Basic Black, Basic Grey, Real Red and Whisper White. I used my Always stamp set because I didn't really have anything else to work for a wedding. Next to masculine cards, wedding is my second least favorite. I don't know why. This card doesn't even say wedding to me but since it's their colors I'm hoping they will like it. The decorative paper is a scrap from My Minds Eye. The two red panels were stamped with my Versamark pad to give them a little something. I inked all the edges in Real Red. I was glad to get to use my new Word Window punch for the sentiment from Short and Sweet. I love the cursive writing. I stamped it in Basic Black on Real Red and adhered the main panel over it with Dimensionals so you could tell the panel had been punched. The ribbon is just a cheapo black from Hobby Lobby. I added the three brads last minute and like the shine it gave the card. All and all I think I'm happy with this card.
Have a great day!!! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Unsure about it? I LOVE it! I think it's beautiful!

Julee T. (Shadowcatcher) said...

I think it's fabulous. Love the colors and the polka dot paper. I'm such a sucker for polka dots. ;) Thanks for playing!

scrapdebo said...

j'aime beaucoup ta carte bravo
scrapdebo