Toothless and Proud

I have totally missed scrapbooking lately. I love the feeling of completing a page and watching the album's get bigger with memories. I have decided to try and balance my crafting time better so I don't get so behind again.
I usually have a hard time doing a layout for one or two photos. I'm good with a whole group but I have a hard time filling the page when there aren't a lot of photos to work with. I was super excited to find this layout on Julia Stainton's blog the other day. You can view her's {HERE}
Something about this layout just caught my eye immediately and I waited all day to try it. I had to flip the layout a little to make it fit with my horizontal photo. I think it turned out super cute. I love the stitching. I've never stitched though a photo but I really love it. I traced a really light line as a stitching guide for the circle. I used a paper plate as a guide!!!! I only have a crop-a-dile so I couldn't get my flowers in the middle of the layout but I like them anyway just around the edges. I was going to just right "My First Missing Tooth" along the top but then remembered my Gina K stamp set What's In Your Tin, Set 1 by Melanie Muenchinger. I inked the My Tooth with my SU markers and stamped them along the top. I had to improvise on the rest. The word "missing" is actually half Gina K too. I used my stamp from Rupa Shevde's set Thinking of You. The sentiment is actually just "Miss You". I used my SU markers again to stamp only the word miss and then added the ing by hand. It really looks pretty good though. The word first was just printed on my computer in Cheri Liney text. I colored it, inked it and adhesived it. VOILA!!! The decorative papers are all My Mind's Eye. They were the scraps I had on my desk from yesterday's cards. I hope you like it. It was sure fun to make. Have a good weekend!!!

4 comments:

Julia Stainton said...

You page is just DARLING! Love your take on the sketch! WHat an adorable pic and love your stitching. Thanks so much for linking me. HAve a fabulous weekend!

Heather Summers said...

This page is so sweet! I love the title and the picture just makes it!

Courtney Fowler said...

Oh my goodness. Your layout is CUTE... and your daughter is CUTER!

Melanie said...

so cute!! great way to adapt it to a scrap layout!

Please be sure to upload any samples with my stamps before Friday in the SCS gallery (anything that HASN'T been previously uploaded counts) with the keyword MMGKD1 for a chance to win my next release! Details here: http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/2008/06/important-announcement-free-stamps.html

Good luck! :)