Verve Visual Color Challenge

So I got my new Verve stamps Monday and spent the rest of the day very impatiently waiting for my family to go to sleep so I could sneak downstairs to ink them up. Let me tell you, they lived up to every expectation I had of them. I LOVE THESE STAMPS! Verve issued a color challenge that really freaked me out at first. The colors were pretty bold for me. Yesterday I posted a card using Julee's Mojo Sketch. While I was making the card I thought this would be a really cool scrapbook layout. AND IT IS!!! Take a look.
I know it isn't the sketch exactly but it was definately the inspiration. I took these pictures of my daughter dancing in her daddy's motorcycle glasses and knew I could crop them into the panels like the sketch. Once they were cropped however I didn't want to overlap the stamped panel over the photos so I just lined them all up. This is my first real stamped layout. I added a tiny but of ink to a few other layout but this one is alot of stamping. All the stamps I used are from my new Verve sets. I bought them all!! Well there was a special and free shipping and.... I couldn't resist.
I stamped the dots from Petals and Stems on the Bashful Blue (I didn't have the other colors) background. Since I have such a passionate relationship with my sponge daubers I couldn't help "shading" a few of the dots. I stamped them in Versamark ink and then dabbed a little of my Ranger Antique Linen distress ink on a few. (The close up photos below show it a bit better). One of my favorite things about Verve stamps is you can place numerous stamps on the same block to create a pattern. I placed all three circle stamps together and just kept stamping. It makes the pattern look random but not!!
I used my Filigree Fantasy set for the corners. I originally stamped the square from this set in the corner and then didn't like the chunky look for this layout. I stamped the flower on So Saffron and cut it out. The buttons are just from Walmart but look so similar to Cameo Color. I think it's really cute and I love the way the hang off of the edge.
The main flowers and both sentiment are from Floral Whimsy (my fave of the four)! Everything else is pretty self explanatory. Here's a few details shots.





Thanks for taking a look. I had a blast making this layout! Mattea has been posing like the pics in the layout since I made it. I guess she likes it too!!!

3 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love your page and the way you've incorporated the stamps! The buttons, the flowers, the flourishes and circles are all used so creatively, and your dd is so cute being silly!

Julee T. (Shadowcatcher) said...

Wow! This is such a fantastic layout. Love the dotted background and all the buttons. And your daughter is just so cute!

Amy Sheffer said...

What a great page!! Darling photos! The stamped accents are all just perfect. I really like the flourish and flower combo in the corners!