Friendship Bird


Don't you just love when an idea just comes together. I was outside yesterday playing with the kids when I picked up a random stick and just began snapping little pieces of the end off. I then happened to notice that this stick was pretty cool. The shape was good, it was straight {lightbulb} hey this would be cool on a card. I have just the bird for it. I could hardly wait for nap time to try it out. I inked the bird from SU's Always set with Taken with Teal first and then added a little Chocolate Chip. I love the way it looks. I cut him out, inked the edges in Chocolate Chip and I'm pretty sure he loves the new home I gave him. The cardstock is from SU also and the decorative paper is My Mind's Eye. I used a strong craft adhesive for the stick.
The layout just sort of came about on it's own. I had a scrap paper of teal in my scrap drawer that was 6 6/8 x 8 1/2 and I just went with it. I scored at 4 1/4. I like this size. It makes for little longer card which worked well with the branch. The only thing I would do different is swap the decorative paper and the plain panel. I think the bird would have stood out a little better this way. I used my Slit Punch and Crop-a-Dile to make the scallop border and I have to say this is one of my favorite's anymore. The ribbon is of course Stampin Up too!! Oh and the sentiment is from an SU set, I'm pretty sure is was a SAB set but I can't remember the name right now. I can't wait to make more cards with found and recycled objects. I have some "recycled" stuff to make a scrapbook layout hopefully I'll get to it this week!
Have a Happy Weekend!!!

4 comments:

Courtney Fowler said...

This is gorgeous!

Patti Chesky said...

Hi Maria!! I love the card!!! I nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award. Check out my blog for details:

http://atouchfromtheheart.blogspot.com/2008/06/lookie-what-i-got.html

Karen L said...

Your bird card is awesome! That twig was just made for your card. How wonderful to be able to improve on nature!

Rhonda L said...

Love the touch of nature on your card!