I'm Three!

I am completely in love with this layout!! I love the "shabby" style. Ever since I got my last Verve order I knew I wanted to make a flower garden on a scrapbook layout. I took this picture of my daughter on her third birthday and knew this would be the perfect chance to try it. Photography happens to be one of my other "creative" outlets {I have a few} and I really like the way these pictures turned out. This one is my favorite and is on page 2 to this layout:
The papers used for this layout are My Mind's Eye, Making Memories and a vanilla cardstock. I stamped the flowers from Petals and Stems on the decorative paper in Close to Cocoa ink and cut them all out. I then used my sponge daubers to ink the edges to shade them a bit. This also helps to clean up the cut edges if you happen to leave a little "white" on the edges. I used glue dots to adhere dew drops to the center of each flower. The stems are from Floral Whimsy. I stamped them in Certainly Celery and inked the bottom of the page in the same color. The title "three" was stamped with my SU set Best Friends Alphabet. I love this set and it is one that is retiring. :( Everything else was inked with my Ranger Antique Linen ink. I took some close up shots so you could see the detail. I tried to show that some of the flowers were mounted on dimensionals but it is kind of hard to tell in the photos.



2 comments:

Julee from Verve said...

What a cool layout! I absolutely love your shabby chic flower garden. And your photo is priceless.

Susan (rainy) said...

Love your flower garden on this beautiful page. Oh and what a darling darling little girl!! The photos are wonderful.