Welcome Baby!!!

Not just any baby. My brand new nephew!!! My sister is being induced today and I can't wait to meet the new little guy. It occured to me only yesterday that I hadn't made him a card. Actually I have quite a few to make. I forgot about Father's Day, my daughters third birthday, well not the days, just that I needed cards. I spent this whole week painting my living room and am SOOOOOO close to being done. Just a bit more trim work and then I can relax, well without painting anyway! I'll have before and after pics when I'm finished!!

For this card I used the newest Mojo Sketch from Julee at Poetic Artistry. I really love these sketches. Of all the challenges these are one of my faves. I thought from the sketch this one might be really challenging and surprisingly it wasn't. It took almost an hour to make but only because I had three little "helpers" in my craft room with me. I knew I wanted to use my much neglected Unfrogettable set from Stampin Up. This was the first set I bought and I really don't know why it appealed to me so much. I HATE FROGS!!! Worms and frogs.....BLAH! Nothing creaps me out more than worms and frogs. My husband and kids squeal with delight as they chase me around the yard with one. This set is still one of my fave's though but it wasn't until I got my Copic markers that I really LOVED this set. I had a hard time coloring these frogs without them. Nothing ever looked right. I even tried paper piecing them but nothing ever worked.
The card base is Basic Grey. The color blocks are Bordering Blue and Certainly Celery. I was originally going to use these colors only as a backing for two different decorative papers but once the edges were all inked up I liked the simplicity of the solid colors. I used my Marvy Giga Punch for the Chocolate Chip scallop. I stamped Mr. Frog on Whisper White and added Certainly Celery just it a little something else. It looked kind of plain with just the white. I had stamped another little circle with a cute little grasshopper for the small circle but then this new container of plastic flowers caught my eye. They are from American Crafts and I bought them for scrapbooking but I really like it on this card. I attached it with a silver brad and the on the sentiment too. I followed Beates Mini Tutorial for rounding one side of the sentiment. Everything was inked in Close to Cocoa, my new favorite ink!!! For the scalloped edge I used my SU corner rounder. That is where the card opens at. I wanted the sentiment to be on the inside too. I tried to show this in the second photo. Thanks for stopping by and hopefully I'll be holding our newest family member soon!!!!!

2 comments:

Julee from Verve said...

Awesome card! I love the neat opening and the soft sponging on the layers. Just beautiful. :)

Christi said...

Congratulations to you!!! This card is adorable!!