Christmas SFYTT

I combined two challenges for this card. I used the layout from Jen's Sketch For You To Try and made it a christmas card which was this weeks challenge at Our Creative Corner. The card base is Glorious Green and I dug through my christmas stash and found a pretty bold paper. I decided to tone it down by putting some vellum cardstock from SU over the top. I liked this much better. The top panels are Real Red and were inked with Chocolate Chip along the edges. I stamped Very Merry from SU's Short and Sweet on Whisper White and punched it out with my word window punch. The santa stamp is from the preorder set that will be available in August as a hostess set called Deer Friends. I tried a few different inks and decided on Real Red. I punched it out with my 1 1/4 circle punch, the chocolate chip layer with my 1 3/8 punch and I punched the scallop from vellum and pierced it. The panel behind the santa's was stamped with the little snowflake also in Short and Sweet but it's kind of hard to see. I stamped it in Real Red too so it is pretty subtle. I added the silver brads and a ribbon to finish it off.

9 comments:

Lorie said...

This is such a cute card! I missed this weeks sketch...hmmm...have to go back and see now!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Great job with the sketch and I love the vellum!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!

Bev said...

Wow, this is fabulous!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Maria! Gorgeous!!! I love the way you used that set. I'm going to have to CASE this one, for sure!!
Hugs, Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

So stinkin' cuuuuuute~
jd

Tammy Hershberger said...

Too, too cute! Love the Santas in the circles!

Debbie said...

Beautiful Christmas card Maria. I Love your take on the sketch.

Sankari W. said...

Love the vellum!!! YOur card is so happy! It makes me get excited for the holiday season!