Color Throwdown

This is my first time making a card for The Color Throwdown Challenge and I LOVE these colors!! They are Taken with Teal, Ruby Red and Close to Cocoa. It was all I could do not to completely case Tammy Hershberger's card. I saw it while I was blog surfing and fell in love right away. I may still case it anyway, I have my lined paper on my desk as scraps and could totally use them up for this card. Anyway, mine is a birthday card and is already in the mail. I can't tell you who it's on it's way too because I'm sure it's not there yet. I just had my membership completed to join the RAK group at Splitcoast and this is one of my first. For those of you who don't know RAK stands for Random Acts of Kindness, you get a list of other members and get to send some and hopefully get some great cards in return. I used my Gina K set How Sweet it is for this card. This cake was super fun to color with my copics and again I took a close up pic!! Did anyone join the Gina K release party last night?? What a quick thread?!?! Wow, I think my head is still spinning. I can't wait to get to all the challenges and order some of those cute new stamps!!
Sorry for the detour!!
The main panels were stamped with a little flower from Short and Sweet with my Versamark pad, they looked a little plain without it. Oh yeah, and the layout is the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge for this week too. I just flipped it vertical. Thanks for looking!!

4 comments:

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is fantastic! I love your layout and all of the dp! :D You did a wonderful job!

((hugs))

LeAnne said...

What a yummy card! Thanks for playing the challenge with us and stop back again next week!
LeAnne

Sankari W. said...

Wow! what a great card! You totally rocked the color challenge!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Maria, you are too funny! What a really cute card! That cake image from Gina K is one of my faves but it hasn't seen ink in awhile! I'll have to pull it out now!