Double Trouble

I have to say when I first saw this Mojo sketch from Julee I was a little worried this may be the one to stump me. Ovals have never been my thing. It's not that I don't like them I just don't usually reach for them. I have Creative Memories Oval Cutting System and it's still pretty much brand new. I always grab for my circle cutter instead. Since I started cardmaking I really started to become more of a straight edge kind of girl. All the rounded corners where freakin me out too. You'd think with all the scary stuff this card had going for it I would reach for my favorite, neutral, earthy colors but I decided to REALLY make it a challenge. Color and more color is what ended up on this card and bright it is. Check it out!!

After all the procrastinating on this card, I love the way it turned out. And it still feels like me. I used Tangerine Tango (two times in one week), Rose Red and a decorative paper I've had awhile (no idea who makes it). I embossed the tangerine piece behind the sentiment so it would qualify for this weeks Creative Corner challenge. The sentiment is from Verve's Floral Whimsy and the butterfly is from SU's Cause for Celebration. I cut the scallop oval with my Marvy punch and cut out the butterfly with my CM ovals. Everything was inked with Close to Cocoa.

The next card is another Birthday RAK. I made it using the same sketch just without the rounded corners. I used Pirouette Pink and Rose Red. The polka dot paper is My Minds Eye. All the stamps are from Verve's Floral Whimsy. I stamped the butterfly twice, once on the oval and once on the polka dot paper. I cut it out and added some glitter. Again I inked all the edges with Close to Cocoa. I like the shabby look of this card. Probably my fave of the two!!
Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!!

7 comments:

stampmonkey said...

I love these cards, Maria! I think you did a great job with Julee's sketch. I think the pink and brown one is my fav too -- I just love that color combo!

Enjoy your weekend, and tfs. ;)

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Maria! Both cards are gorgeous! Your color combinations are great! I don't think you should be scared of ovals anymore...you've mastered them! Great job!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Nikki Bond said...

You did wonderful with the ovals...so pretty and fresh looking! Love the color schemes too! {SMILEs]

Sankari W. said...

Great Cards Maria! I know what you mean about ovals - I think I am Oval Challenged :) You did such a great job on both the cards - love your color choices!

Julee from Verve said...

Both cards are beautiful, Maria. I think you did awesome with the ovals and the rounded corners. Thanks for playing! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

They're both lovely! I think ovals are your new friend!

patty w said...

Love the sentiment so much on this one!