Not As Scary As I Thought!

I am not a huge fun of Almost Amethyst!! I think I've only used the color twice, once for a SCS Color Challenge and for today's card. This weeks colors for the Color Throwdown are Almost Amethsyt, Certainly Celery and Basic Black. I was more than a little worried when I saw them. This card took longer than normal but I'm really happy with the results. Yes, I know you are probably getting tired of Dreams Du Jour but I LOVE IT!!! It's such a great stamp set. I'll try to use another stamp soon I promise!?! I stamped the image in black and used my SU markers to color it. I don't have the Soft Subtles markers so I used Green Galore and Orchid Opulence for the coloring. I think it looks okay though. The layout is for this weeks sketch challenge at SCS. The panels are from an unknown decorative paper but it matched the colors so well. The only element I'm a little unsure of is the ribbon. At first glance I thought it matched pretty well but I think it's maybe a bit too bright. The sentiment along the bottom is from Short and Sweet. I thought the two stamps went together pretty well. Wish big and grow great dreams!!! I added some brads and some piercing and mounted the circle and the main panel on foam tape for some dimension.
Thanks for stopping by!!!

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think this card is just gorgeous! I love the image so much and the paper piercing is such a nice touch! You did a fabulous job with that tough color challenge! :D

((Hugs))

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Maria!
You did a beautiful job on this card! I rarely use Almost Amethyst, too, but it is gorgeous with the Certainly Celery. I'm going to have to try that color combo.
Hugs, Anne Marie

Tess said...

I love this card. The ribbon is so pretty.

Renée/prchvs said...

Oh, not tired of this stamp set at all! This is a GORGEOUS card, Maria! Love the colours together:) TFS

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! I'm so glad you gave it a try! And that ribbon! Perfect for this combo!

Sankari W. said...

Great card - love the sketch and the way you used your colors in the sketch challenge. I had a bit of a trouble with the color combination too - but since I only had 20 minutes to make a card before we head out on our road trip (which I stilllll have not packed for) I had to just be content .... When I saw your card - i was like --- Yes! That is a beautiful way to use the colors! Lovely!!!

Stacy said...

Beautiful card! You would never know it was out of your comfort zome! Seriously awesome job. TFS

Kisa Peters said...

Ah! You ROCKED the colors! THey look great! I love the layout - I love the whole card! I was scared of amethyst too! Hmm... I'm going to have to look at your card again!

Kisa Peters said...

Okay, I looked again....and it is even better than I remembered! I LOVE the black square (or maybe rectangle) The circle looks great over it! It really makes everything pop! Yup--YUp! It is a great card!

Lynn said...

This is so pretty!

broni (waterchild12) said...

Your card is gorgeous! See, you shouldn't be afraid of any more colors!