School Days Scrapbook

I can't seem to get enough of chipboard lately. I ordered a package of the 7 1/2 x 5 from Stampin Up and it's all gone :( I thought I would share with you one of the projects I made using the chipboard. It's a School Days album!! I really love the way it turned out. I used a kit from Foo-a-La called Hall Pass. I picked it up at Walmart when they were clearancing it out. I love the vintage look it has. I only used maybe a fourth of the kit so I'm hoping to make a few more.
What do you think???

This is the cover of the album. I left it blank because I'm not sure what I am going to do with it yet. It will be super cute to add the name of the little one inside! I used SU's Chocolate Chip and Real Red on the cover too. The ribbon and jumbo eyelets are SU's too!! I threaded jump rings through to hold it all together and the ribbon runs around underneath the paper and ties the album shut.

This is the first pages of the album. I made the pocket on the left and place a mat in the pocket perfect for a first day of school photo. I used SU's Round Tab Punch for the tag on the photo mat. The right side isa 4x6 envelope that I covered with decorative paper to make it coordinate. This is a perfect place for school memorablia or more photos.
Close up of the envelope.
The brown cardstock was cut to size to cover the back of the envelope and is for more photos. The lined paper is intended to journal all about the little student. I used SU's Spiral Punch for the right side and stamped the "Authentic" on the bottom corner from the Stamp of Authenticity set.
Close up of the stamped journal page.
The next page is Always Artichoke with a acetate overlay. I added some of SU's retired rub-ons to the acetate.
Close up of the acetate and rub-ons.
I added little photo mats on the back of the Always Artichoke page and again used the spiral punch. I tied a tag from the kit to one of the mats. The right is another envelope. I used the friend stamp from Make it Count on the flap and the Sanded background for the rest of the envelope. The cut ribbon was in the kit. This would be a great place to collect all the photos of classmates.
The red cardstock was cut to size the fit the back of the envelope and is for more photos. The last page is decorative paper with a piece of red cardstock and a sticker. The cardstock isn't adhesed in the middle so photos or memorabilia can slip right underneath.
I'm waiting on my next shipment of cardstock. I love making this little mini albums. This one only took 2 1/2 hours to make. Can't wait to make more!!!

2 comments:

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Maria! Absolutely awesome little book!! I love little scrapbooks, and this one is at the top of the class. :) I have the same paper from Wal-Mart. I'm going to have to try your book!
Hugs, Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Bethany Paull said...

That is so cool! I love how you binded it together with jumbo eyelets and rings.