Smiling Flowers!!!

I love the bright colors in this card. I've really been trying hard to break out of my "Chocolate Chip" shell. The color, not the cookie, that's a hold that can never be broken ;)!! I used Jen Del Muro's SFYTT for this card. It's such an original idea and I loved the look right away. I used Tangerine Tango for the card base and I'm very proud of that. This color was so intimidating at first but I've found as long as the other colors are a little more muted it's really a pretty great color. I used Certainly Celery and So Saffron as my complementary colors. I choose them to coordinate with the My Mind's Eye paper I picked. I dove into my Stampendous box for this flower stamp that is one of my all time favorite flowers. Any stamp that is a little bit whimsy is hard to resist!!!! I stamped the flowers in ahem...chocolate chip. I can't ever COMPLETELY avoid the color...LOL!!!! I colored them with my copics and inked the edges of everything with Close to Cocoa. The sentiment is from SU's Be Happy and was stamped in Close to Cocoa on Certainly Celery. I layered the circles and mounted it on foam tape.
Thanks for looking!!!

5 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sweet! I LOVE the colors!

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is gorgeous! I love it! :D

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Very cute, Maria! Love the color combo! Ditto for the choc chip cookies!! :)
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

theysaywordscanbleed said...

pretty card!

arlene,
University Place florist

Sankari W. said...

Wow! Great colors - I loved this sketch challenge! The colors that you picked out are so pretty - lovely card!