Two Cards Today...SMILE!!

Julee really gave us a great sketch this week for Mojo Monday. I was on a roll with it so today you get to see two cards!!!! YEAH!!!! This layout is really simple and easy to work with. I used the new SU punch that will be available for purchase August 11th. Ladies, this is a fabulous punch and makes a quick scallop border. You don't want to miss out on this, if you are interested in purchasing it I wouldn't wait because I bet this item backorders fairly quickly!! I used Basic Grey for the card base on both cards. I really like this color and haven't used it for quite a while. For the first card I pulled out my Blooms and Bulbs wheel that hadn't yet seen ink :( I had intended to use it for Mother's Day cards and then forgot about it. I don't the wheels very often, and I don't know why. They are so quick and easy. I colored all the little seed packets with my copics. The scalloped panel is Bashful Blue and the green is Kiwi Kiss. I stamped the word Smile from my Verve set Thankful Blossoms in Close to Cocoa on Blue and used my 1 3/8 punch to cut it out. I pierced the scallops and added some Bashful Blue striped ribbon. For this card I used the same decorative paper from yesterday's card. I have almost used up this entire piece of 12x12 paper and so far have made 6 cards from it. (I'm trying to be better with scraps). I also used Dreams Du Jour again but this time stamped the butterfly in Kiwi Kiss on Whisper White. The sentiment was stamped in Close to Cocoa on the decorative paper strip. Again I pierced the scallops and added so ribbon.
Thanks for looking!!

9 comments:

Stephanie Hargis said...

Both of these are just gorgeous girl! :D Thanks so much for the award! I am so glad you think of me as one of your stamping BFFs! :D Would it be possible for you to mail me your address so I can send you a little something??? :D

((hugs))

patty w said...

Gorgeous , both of them!

I just love the little seed packets!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are gorgeous, Maria! That sketch is still intimidating me so I haven't done anything with it yet, but you've shown me that I need to quit trying to put so much into it. You've got perfect details and "extras" on your cards that put them over the top without pushing them over the edge!

Sankari W. said...

Gorgeous cards Maria! I can't wait to get my mojo on and play - maybe tonight! Somehow, even though its mojo monday - I don't usually find my mojo till thursday :)

Love your cards!!!

Julee from Verve said...

Fabulous cards! I can't wait to order that Dreams Du Jour set and the scallop border punch and all the new in colors. August 11 can't come fast enough! :)

You're beautiful butterfly birthday card came yesterday. It's even MORE gorgeous in person! I absolutely love it! Thanks so much for sending it my way! :)

Kathryn said...

Both cards are fabulous!!!
WOW - -your work is fantastic.
TFS!

SmilynStef said...

What great cards ... I love the row of seed packets.

Godelieve said...

Beautiful cards! I love those little seed packages :)

toners said...

These are absolutely beautiful. Wow! Great job :)