Two-In-One Verve

Verve has been rockin the challenges lately and you know I can't resist a Vervalicious challenge!! The second Verve Diva is Amber Hight. She gave us this cool inspiration piece from Crate and Barrel. Of course the first thing that caught my eye was the grids but those colors are so cool. Nothing I would ever pick.

Then, Shannan started the newest project parade at the Verve blog. We had to make a ATC (artist trading card). I've never made one before so I couldn't wait to play. These babies are SOOOOO small. I had an idea in mind and then when I got the paper cropped to the 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 size it went right out the window. I wanted to score on the ATC card but I was lucky to get an image on that thing. I really wanted to add a sentiment to it too but there was no room. I'm glad I didn't because I added it to the card I made with it instead. You want to see????
This is the little ATC card. I wasn't super excited with the way it turned out on it's own. It felt like it was missing something even though I squeezed as much as I could on it. I stamped the corners with Filigree Fantasy and the main image with Serenity. The colors are So Saffron, Night of Navy, Baja Breeze and Pumpkin Pie. These colors reminded me of tiles you would see in a mexican restaurant. I was so craving chips and salsa the whole time I made this!!! I added so Crystal Effects to the flower just because!
So NOW do you want to see the card I made?!?!
This is more what I had in mind the whole time. I added the little card to Baja Breeze and scored it from the inside every 1 1/4 in. I stamped another filigree inside each square in Baja Breeze. The sentiment is from Thankful Blossoms and it was stamped in Close to Cocoa. All the edges were inked in this color too!! This was one of those rare occasions were it really turned out just like I pictured!!!!

Thanks for looking!!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh I just love this! The colors, the layout, great job!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Maria, your card DOES look like Mexican tile! I love it. I'm like you...it's making me hungry for chips and salsa. :)
Hugs, Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Julee from Verve said...

Just gorgeous! I love how it turned out. Thanks for playing! :)

Renée said...

How pretty, Maria! It looks fab!

Lisa_in_AR said...

Oooo, this china is calling out to my PTI Guidelines set to CASE this. Love it!