2 Sketches 4 You Two-fer

As soon as I saw this weeks sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You I knew I had to play!! I love the scallops and the layout looked like so much fun. I decided to use the scallop paper I have been hoarding for awhile. I love the design. I added the holes in each scallop with my Crop-A-Dile. I have to admit though this card to forever to come together. I think I tried about four different stamp set until I finally decided to got with this one. I stamped the dreams image about 6 different times though using different papers and inks. I definately had a shabby looking card in mind and so I was a little picky with the way it looked. I glad I didn't give up though because I really love the way it turned out. The colors are for this weeks SCS Color Challenge. I love close to cocoa so any color combo with this color immediately pulls on my heart strings. This card was a bonus sketch listed and of course I had to try it too. This card took all of fifteen minutes to make. Remember how I said I've been trying to use up my scraps?? Well these flowers were already inked and cut out ( I tried them on the last card) and the rest is scraps that were laying on my desk. Even the sentiment was prestamped from another project.
Thanks for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Dreams Du Jour
Paper: Making Memories Noteworthy, Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, Blush Blossom
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red
Accesories: Brads, Paper Piercer, Crop-A-Dile

Recipe:
Stamps: Thankful Blossoms (Verve), Bella Blossom
Paper: Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom, SU Always, Wild Wasabi DP
Ink: Pink Passion, Chocolate Chip

8 comments:

stampmonkey said...

Both of these cards are beautiful, Maria! I really love the first one (and that stamp that you used). I am amazed and envious at how productive you are -- I can't keep up with you! tfs

Kazan Clark said...

Wow you did a great job on BOTH sketches - Love our designs :)

**Nancy** said...

Gorgeous cards!

moralia said...

Beautiful cards!! I love that stamp! Yum!!

Ingrid said...

Both cards are gorgeous. I really like your take on my sketch. Thanks for playing along.

Courtney said...

Oh, yay! Way to use scraps, and those scallops are too cute!

Lea L. said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Great job with the sketches!!

~lea

Tammy Hershberger said...

Both are beauties! Great job!