Cupcake Circles

I love a layout that lets me use my teeny, tiny cupcake from Stampin Up's Short and Sweet Set. This set is one of my faves because of all the great sentiments but I find I use the little images quite a bit too. This sketch is from Taylor and she used this same cupcake on her layout. I choose the decorative paper from Daisy D and then matched my cardstock choices to is. I decided on Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze and Very Vanilla. The red circle is 1 3/8, blue is 1 1/4 and the vanilla circle is 1 inch. I colored the cupcakes with my copics and inked all the edges in Close to Cocoa. The sentiment is from my second favorite sentiment set. Recognize it??? It a new release and is available as a hostess level one set. I LOVE THIS SET!!! The sentiments are all really sweet and the fonts are really cool too. I stamped the sentiment on the decorative paper. I punched a scallop for the sentiment and pierced around it. I wanted to use my new Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon but when the circle's were spaced right you couldn't really see it. I bumped the two middle row outside circles in underneath the sentiment that is mounted on foam tape and tied a bow on each side. I think it turned out pretty cute. I really like this ribbon and it is available in the ribbon share I have going on. You can check out all the details {HERE}!My kids start school on Tuesday so stamping should be able to resume to a somewhat normal schedule. It is so time for them to go back. They have been at each other like crazy lately. Screaming, Hitting, Biting, Fighting all with me as the referee. MOM NEEDS A BREAK!!!!
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Taylor said...

So cute! Love your color combination!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Maria!
These cupcakes are yummy! I love your color combinations, and the ribbon is dreamy! Very nice card!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

This is great, Maria!

Oh girl, I feel you pain. I think my kids are gonna kill each other!

maria fiscella said...

This is gorgeous, Maria! And what an inspiration - I just might have to go dig out Short & Sweet!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fabulous job, Maria! I love the colors on this!