Happy Mail and Challenge Cards

I got some super cool mail today!!! I won Carolina's blog candy last week and my goodies came today. Check it out!I got the Flowers For Daisy set made by Asela Hopkins for Gina K. I love Gina K stamps and have wanted to get it since it's release. I can't wait to get it inky. And check out the super cute card she sent me too!!! Thanks Carolina :)

I have been turning out cards like crazy lately. I'm in a good groove and they are all coming together pretty quickly. I have a lot of challenges I love lately and am slowly getting behind on posting them before deadlines so I'll probably be posting a couple each day to try and catch up.
This card is for the Color Throwdown Challenge. Again these colors took me way out of my comfort zone. I thought Apricot Appeal was going to be the scary color until I pulled out a piece of Ballet Blue paper. WOW is that bright!! Surprisingly I like the way they ended up coming together in the end. I tried stamping the flower a few different times in lots of different colors and black seemed to fit the best. The colors were so bold I hated to make the stamped image to distracting. My favorite part for sure is the pierced trail that leads your eye to the sentiment.
I really love this stamp set however no matter what I try the petals stamp patchy. I have sanded the rubber a few times to try to get it to ink evenly with no luck. Any ideas????
I made this card for Kristina Werner's Color Challenge. I had yet to get my Pocket Silohette's set inky and decided to use it for this card after taking a peek at {THIS CARD} by Cindy at The Creative Closet. I switched my color choice and stamp set and a few other details. I thought this card (despite the pinks and reds) ended up a little masculine. I might save it for my hubby for our anniversary!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Bella Blossom
Paper: Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal
Ink: Black
Accesories: Paper Piercer, Oval Punch
Recipe:
Stamps: Pocket Silohettes, Happy Everything
Paper: SU Bella Rose, Basic Black, Basic Grey, Whisper White
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Black
Accesories: Riding Hood Red Tafeta Ribbon, Word Window Punch, Brad

5 comments:

stampmonkey said...

Congrats on your cool winnings! ;) What a pretty stamp set that is...lots of possibilities.

Your two cards are nice too. And, yes, you have been pumping them out fast and furiously lately. I'm definitely envious. tfs

Lorie said...

Can I just say...wow, wow, and wow! Great stuff girl!

Pamela Smerker said...

These are all adorable! Thanks for sharing!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Lucky you to win new stamps! Sweet Color Throwdown card... it's so striking! And love the Color Inspiration card, too! Great color to pair with the neutrals!

Kisa Peters said...

OH GReat card!