I {heart} The New In Colors!!!

I reach for the new In Colors A LOT!!!!! Well at least Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Pink Pirouette.
This first card is for the SCS Sketch Challenge. I loved this layout immediately and had a fun time making this card. I stamped the image on watercolor paper and used my aquapainted and markers to color it. I layered my circles and inked all the edges in Close to Cocoa. The sentiment is from my oh so handy set Best Yet which is a hostess only set. I LOVE IT!!! I find I use these sentiments all the time!
I'm so happy with the way this card came out. I love the adorable little outfits Libby has for us each week and I really try not to stray to far from them. I think I nailed this one. You have to take a peek at the dress {HERE}!!!! I started with the Pink Pirouette but I knew I had to add vellum to copy the cute overlay of the dress. I used my new (FREE) set from Verve. I won it during the release party on splitcoast. There is a background stamp underneath the vellum that is sort of hard to see in the card. I stamped it in Pink Pirouette ink to make it really soft. I scored the vellum horizontally to mimic the pleats in the dress. The embossed stamp was almost a perfect match to the details on the bottom of the dress. I knew I wanted to give this to someone for a baby girl shower so I used yet another sentiment from Best Yet.
Thanks for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps: A Flower For All Seasons, Best Yet
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, My Minds Eye, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Black, Stazon On Black, Close To Cocoa
Accesories: Paper Piercer, Circle Scallop Punch SU, Marvy Giga Scallop Punch

Recipe:
Stamps: Grateful Elegance (Verve), Best Yet
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Vellum
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Versamark
Accesories: White EP, Heat Tool, Marvy Giga Square Scallop Punch, Pink Brads, Scoring Blade

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, oh, oh! These are sooooo cute!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Maria! You've done it again! These are just gorgeous!!! I love the pirouette pink...it's so girly and sweet....but my favorite is the other one. Love your sponging!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Basement Stamper said...

Adorable card, love the first one and the colors of it!

Debbie Yates said...

Maria these are gorgeous - I too love the new in colors - especailly the pink pirouette...so soft and girly!

stampmonkey said...

Wow, girl, you're really on a roll! Both of these cards are wonderful. I can totally see a dress in the pink one, and I love the sweetness of that image and the colors of the other one. tfs

Tammy Hershberger said...

You should {heart} the new In Colors...these cards are fabulous!

Libby Hickson said...

Such a pretty card Maria, I love it!! The vellum is great. Thanks for playing again! (I love the other card too!)