Inspired By Nature {literally}

I made this card for 2 Sketches 4 You. Laura made the sketch this week and it was a great one. I had to move the sentiment on my card simply because I hated to cover up the flowers and the space on the right seemed a little bare. I had a fun time with the staples on this card. I was only going to staple the lace then decided the flower panel needed one too. Then for good measure added on to the sentiment..LOL!! It's kind of hard to see but I used the same Sanded background stamp over the flowers too after I stamped the back. I love how it filled up the panel but is still soft.For the second card I used the same stamp set only I added some color this time. This card is for Jen's Sketch For You To Try. I had to alter this layout a tiny bit too. I omited the panel that was suppose to go over the flowers and my oval is a little smaller and I tucked it underneath the flowers instead of overlapping it. I was determined to use this set and again I just couldn't cover up the flowers.
The color choices were inspired by OCC. Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Ruby Red and Chocolate Chip. I added the So Saffron to match my flower. I added the ink to the flowers with my sponge daubers and LOVE the way they look. My black eyed susans are so pretty right now. I was looking at them while the kids and I were outside the other day and there is a darker bit of color right underneath the brown center. I tried to mimic this on my card by adding some Pumpkin Pie with my markers underneath the brown. It's subtle but it's there!! After I drew the color on I went back over it a little with the daubers in Close to Cocoa and So Saffron to blend it in so it wasn't just a harsh line. Silouhettes are so hot right now and this one is definately my favorite that Stampin Up has.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Lots of Thoughts, Sanded
Paper: So Saffron, Really Rust, My Minds Eye, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accesories: Staples, Chocolate Chip Ribbon, Lace, Oval Punch, CM Cutting System

Recipe:
Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Best Yet, Dreams Du Jour
Paper: So Saffron, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa, Passion Pink
Accesories: Oval Punch, CM Cutting System

10 comments:

Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful Maria! Thanks for the b-day wishes:) & oh yes, hello fellow Coloradan!
Hugs,
Laura

Pamela Smerker said...

These are gorgeous! I am sure I will have to have that stamp set soon. Thanks for sharing.

Joke said...

Great stampwork. Lovely cards.

Joke

moralia said...

Beautiful cards!!! I love the colours and that gorgeous stamp set!!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Beautiful, Maria! The card and the flowers are just gorgeous!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Lea L. said...

Both cards are very pretty!! Such great stamping!! Great job with the sketches!

~Lea

evafromca said...

Your cards are beautiful!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Maria, they're both beautiful! I love how you used the staples on the first one, and really love your interpretation of Jen's sketch on the second one! Awesome designs!

Courtney said...

oOoOoOoOoOoOoO.....
Gorgeous!

TesaB said...

Wonderful cards. I totally fell in love with that gorgeous stamp and it's really nice to see how versitile it is - as silhouette and with colors.