Live Like You Mean It

Isn't that a great sentiment. I just love it and this set. I've been on a simple card kick lately. Maybe because time seems so precious with all the running around I've been doing. I made this card for a workshop I had over the weekend. My inspiration was from last weeks Courtney's Closet Challenge and the colors are from the Color Throwdown Challenge. They happened to go together really well. The bashful blue wasn't in the adorable outfit so I used it as the card base so you didn't see to much of it. The colors are Soft Sky (Bashful Blue), Barely Banana (I was out so I used So Saffron), Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red and Certainly Celery. I used another hostess set called Live Like You Mean It. I inked the flowers with my markers in Ruby Red and Certainly Celery and then did the outlines in Real Red and Certainly Celery. The butterfly is from Dreams Du Jour and is stamped in pumpkin pie, cut out and popped up one dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment in Close to Cocoa ink and pierced the top two corners, they seemed bare without it. I inked the edges on the main panel in Close to Cocoa too. I love the way this ink looks on So Saffron. I'm really having a blast with these new stamps and simple layers. I'll have more to come this week.
Thanks for looking!!

6 comments:

Anne Marie Peterson said...

I love it, Maria! I've never thought about using the Close to Cocoa with So Saffron. Your cards are always so beautiful. I just love your shading. I need to start using Close to Cocoa!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

This is beautiful!

Kathryn said...

So pretty -- love the stamps you used- :)

Kisa Peters said...

This is very pretty! It all works so well together!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Awesome card, Maria and I do love the simplicity of it and that sentiment! Sorry I'm so late in commenting and thanking you for playing in the Color Throwdown! Your work is just awesome!

Libby Hickson said...

This is just beautiful, Maria!! I'm so glad you played again!