My Newest Fave!

I can't get enough whisper white craft ink!!! I bought this when I joined SU and it's sat pretty much untouched. I noticed a card in the SU catalog (pg. 53) that was inked along the edges with it and decided to try it. LOVE IT!!! It's such a soft look on the edges and also gives the illusion of being sanded. I especially love it on Kraft paper. These are my first cards with Kraft and I don't know what took me so long to order it. I decided to show you two cards today since they are really pretty similar. The first one was for Splitcoast's color challenge. I used my blog candy win from Carolina. I inked the daisy's in white and the edges too. I decided to just add a black and pink prima for the color. I threaded the gingham ribbon through the jumbo eyelet and stamped my sentiment. The only problem with the craft ink is it takes forever to dry. I made two other cards while this sat. The sentiment is from the same Gina K set Flowers for Daisy
The second card is my 3x6 card for Courtney's Challenge. I have never made a card this size, it was fun. The problem is I didn't know what size envelope to mail it in so I attached it to a 4x6 piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to umph it up a bit. (sorry I forgot to take a pic) You can see it's pretty much the same as the last except I used Pink Pirouette. I was going to wrap the ribbon around the card and by accident came up with this. I thought it was perfect since this set was designed by Asela Hopkins for here friend Daisy battling cancer. See the pink ribbon looks like the bows everyone wears. Genius I know (but by accident)..LOL!! Don't forget to go check out this set at Gina K. A portion of the sales will be donated to the American Cancer Society.
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Flowers For Daisy(GinaK)
Paper: Kraft
Ink: Whisper White, Black
Accesories: Primas, Jumbo Eyelet, Black Gingham Ribbon

Recipe:
Stamps: Flowers For Daisy (GinaK)
Paper: Kraft, Black, Whisper White
Ink: Whisper White, Black, Pink Pirouette
Accesories: Pretty In Pink Ribbon, Staples

4 comments:

patty w said...

I love the first card the best...the you've done it is so beautiful!

emilymomto3boys said...

these are really pretty! great job! Those flowers look perfect with the image from that set!

And dude - I LOVE fried zucchini!!!

Susan (rainy) said...

I love the softness that the white ink gives as well. Both cards are beautiful.

Courtney said...

Oh how nice! I love these... and the pink breast cancer awareness ribbon is a wonderful touch!

Thanks for playing along! Make sure you link it in the comment section so I can enter you in the drawing!