The Perfect Tango!

I don't know what made me pick these colors. Probably all the brainwashing everyone is doing with all the halloween designs. Orange and Purple seem to be the faves. I'm not big on halloween...don't get me wrong I like it, I just don't love it. I love to get my kiddos dressed up but that's it. I'm not big on decorations and all the candy just becomes a problem after the trick or treating. The kids seem to think they are entitled to it since it was given to them and it's war until it's finally gone.
I do really like this color combo though. Tangerine Tango always surprises me. I'm sure it's just not a color I'll like but everytime I've used it I really like it. I paired it with Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant and Close to Cocoa. Great fall colors don't you think??? I made this for Taylor's cupcake challenge and this is one of the first's that I have made for her's that I feel I did justice with. I'm pleased with the results.
I finally broke into my Hodgepodge Hardware and really like it. I have to apologize about the little purple flowers. I have had these for years and never used them, therefore have no idea where they came from or who makes them. I have a whole bucket full of different colors and they worked perfect with this stamp set. The tangerine flower in the corner was a last minute addition. It felt empty so I decided to stamp the flower to fill it. I'm glad I did!!!
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Pocket Silouhettes
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Black
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Close to Cocoa DP
Accesories: Hodgepodge Hardware, Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon, Making Memories Orange Brad, Slit Punch, Sandpaper, Felt Flowers

8 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

Love the flower in the corner and YAY for using your hodgepodge. Beautiful!

Lori said...

Love your card - and your sentiment on Halloween. The retail brainwashing (ghouls, skeletons, etc) gets to be a little much. But personally, I LOVE the colors of autumn! And I love how you used them in your card here!!! (ps - I also like your list of fav challenges - I'll have to check some of them out! thanks for posting that!) See you around!

Taylor said...

So pretty, Maria! I love seeing these colors on a non-Halloween card! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Catherine said...

love your color combo, gorgeous card

Julie said...

Love it! This is my favorite card of yours. Great Job Maria!

Felicia said...

your color combo is great! the card is beautiful!! great job girl!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! I love the color combination!

Enjoli Bennett said...

I love the color combo and that set! Very beautiful! TFS! =)