Therapeutic Distressing

Maybe it was the kids not listening all day, or the fact that I cleaned all last week to have a disaster of a house..AGAIN, or maybe it was just plain PMS!! I'm not sure. But this card was my therapy!! I have never distressed a card so much but man it felt good and it is my favoritist (word???) card I've made in a long time.
I love all things old and worn. My dad hates when I buy furniture because it's always old, chippy and I LOVE IT!! "Why do you buy that junk?" is always his question. I've come to the conclusion it's because I am a perfectionist that I like things imperfect. Make sense??? Well let me explain. Like with this card. I didn't have to worry about the cuts being exactly straight or even the stitching, I just took the scissors and started distressing. Just like my furniture. My favorite piece is an old hutch I bought on ebay that is chipped everywhere (very shabby chic). My daughter was coloring on it on day and my husband freaked because he knows it's my baby. I told him it was okay, wiped off what I could and so what about the rest. He looked at me like I was crazy. It's SUPPOSE to look worn. Now when this happens on my brand new couches my head spins. I love distressed things because they don't STRESS me out!!! Simple huh!?!?I used my new Gina K set again for this card. And again with the Kraft, I'm moving on, I promise!! I inked the flower with my Cameo Coral Marker and highlighted the center and tips with my Chocolate Chip marker. The center was sponged with Creamy Caramel ink.
This card started out as the sketch challenge for splitcoast but maybe unrecognizable now. The bones are there but I got a little carried away. The colors were inspired by the Color Throwdown and I really love them. I would have never put Old Olive and Certainly Celery together. Fabulous Tammy!!
Thanks for stopping by!


Recipe:

Stamps: Flowers for Daisy (Gina K), Short and Sweet

Paper: Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Cameo Coral, Very Vanilla, Kraft, My Minds Eye

Ink: Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel

Accesories: Paper Piercer, Brads, Marvy Giga Scallop Circle Punch, CM Cutting System

6 comments:

Courtney said...

It makes PERFECT sense! And I LOVE this card! You should frame it and put it on your hutch. :)

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Maria! Great minds think alike! ;) My whole house is like that...and I absolutely love it...the older and shabbier and junkier, the better I like it. You card, as usual, is fantastic. Your shading is supreme!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

rebekah said...

LOVE IT!!! One of my favorites too!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OK, your story is crackin' me up! I'm so glad I was able to help you relieve some stress! This is such a sweet card... love the polka dots and they match so well! And the distressing looks great. And I love how you inked the daisy! Very sweet! Thanks for playing!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your card, awesome work.

Stacy said...

Wow----I love this card, you took this color combo to the next level!