Verve Challenge X 2

Those of you who have read my blog long know I'm a hopeless sketch challenge addict. I can't get enough!!! Julee from Verve has awesome sketches and I have two cards using her layouts today. The first is for the sketch she made for the Meet the Verve Diva's Challenge. We finally got to pick the brain of the master herself!! My first question was how she shades using Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip. I bought Creamy Caramel just to try this technique. If you love the effect as much as I do the details can all be found on {this thread}. I had to give it a whirl and think I did pretty well. The directions were really detailed. I loved her sample card with the silohetted image and decided to do one too. I kept this card pretty simple because I wanted the shading to take center stage. The next card is the newest Mojo sketch. I had the idea for this card right away and it came out just like I planned. I'm really digging silohette's right now, can you tell??? They are so quick and easy to stamp. These flowers come from Verve's Serenity set. The ribbon is a gift that came with my newest Verve stamps. Julee sent this satin ribbon and some chocolate ribbon too. It also came with a little single Thank You stamp. Verve is the best. Check them out {HERE}, you'll love em!! I really like these colors together. I'm a shabby sort of girl and these colors are perfect for that.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Recipe: Stamps:Upsy Daisy, Feeling Groovy (Verve) Paper: Pretty In Pink, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Making Memories Noteworthy Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel Accesories: Paper Piercer, Scallop Punch, Circle Punches

Recipe: Stamps: Serenity (Verve), Short and Sweet Paper: My Minds Eye, So Saffron, Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa Accesories: Satin Ribbon, Word Window Punch, Oval Punch, Paper Piercer, Marvy Giga Scallop Circle Punch, CM Cutting System

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, Maria. These are beautiful! I love the MOJO sketches... I wish I had more time to do them!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OK, these are both really cute! Does that scalloped paper you're using already have the little border on it, or are you stamping that? It looks awesome! I'm going to go try to achieve that same look with some stamps! Great job on the sketches!

ScrappinGalz said...

These ares are wonderful! Beautiful work! I gave you an award on my blog. Come see!

stampmonkey said...

Fun sketches to play with, and you did a beautiful job with both of them! I love pink and brown, but the second one keeps drawing me back in for another look. Love 'em!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job on both cards Maria.

Julee from Verve said...

These are just beautiful, Maria! Love your shading, and the cute little pink border on the top card. The colors on the second are delicious. Thanks for playing! :)