Watercoloring Take 1

I love these colors together and they sort of happened by accident. I have REALLY been trying to use up my scraps. These colors were all laying in a scrap pile together and I thought..okay, lets go with that. Pacific Point is still my least favorite of all the In Colors but when you pair it right it's quite stunning. I made this card for Sketches {by tamara}. She is getting ready to announce a new design team and I would love to be on it. I love sketch challenges and what a better excuse (to give my hubby) then it's design team work dear!!! No he's really great about letting me sneak to my craft room without an excuse!! Love ya, babe!!

I combined this sketch with Stamp Something's newest challenge to make anything birthday. I was going to post the treat pouches I made for my son's birthday but I've been really pressed for time so they came out pretty generic. I decided to go with a card instead.

This was my first attempt at watercoloring and I think I did pretty good. I've been wanting to try it for awhile but everytime I placed and SU order I forgot to get watercolor paper. I could have bought some another place but do you think I would remember that either??? I blame it all on mommy brain!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: A Flower For All Seasons, Happy Everything
Paper: Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Real Red, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Black Stazon, Pacific Point, Real Red, Real Rust, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie
Accesories: Scallop Circle Punches, Paper Piercer, Aquapainter

12 comments:

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Beautiful, Maria!! I love those colors together. I don't have any Pacific Point...and I really didn't care very much for it either, but you've convinced me to try it!! Great job!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Hilmarose said...

Beautiful card!!!

Erin... said...

Love it!! thanks for palying!

Joanna said...

Wonderful card. I love the colors :)

Hugs Joanna

mousekemom said...

Very cute...love the color combo!

April

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

Fantastic job on the sketch, Maria! I love the bright colors and your watercoloring is terrific!

Hugs,
Becky:)

Bev said...

This is fabulous Maria, I just love the colour scheme and that gorgeous flower
hugs Bevx

Moni said...

wonderful card.

Kathryn said...

So pretty -- love the color combination!! :)

Riley said...

This is adorable! I love it!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable! Love the bright colors!

Vicki said...

What a darling card!! :) I love it! Thanks for playing!