Gettin Krafty

Sorry for my absence this last week. I've been working on my submissions for Purple Onion and getting ready for a craft show this coming weekend. I have barely left my craft room today, (thanks babe for watching the kids!) but I had to squeeze in this Verve challenge. Missing this challenge was not an option for two reasons. 1) I LOVE VERVE!! Can't get enough. 2) I LOVE KRAFT CARDSTOCK!!! I ordered my first pack a few weeks ago and it's already half gone. I haven't made a card lately that doesn't have kraft on it. It such a great paper and everything looks great with it!!! I took my inspiration from a tote in the new Ballard Designs catalog. I love this catalog, I pour over every page each time it comes. I barely made it to page 3 of this catalog before this bee tote caught my eye. I knew right away what set would be perfect for this card. Serenity from Verve. It was my first set and still my one true love. I stamped the flower and sentiment in Chocolate Chip on a piece of 4 x 5.25 piece of kraft cardstock. To give it some texture I stamped SU's sanded background on it after I stamped it off twice. The apricot pieces were made with SU's word window punch cut in half. I threaded the twine through the card and tied it around the flowers. I frayed the edges for a softer look. I sponged the edges and then adhered it to a kraft card. I wanted the layer to be subtle. I think it worked!!!

Recipe:
Paper: Kraft, Apricot Appeal
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Accesories: Paper Piercer, Brads

8 comments:

Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful Maria! I love your inspiration too:)
Laura

Renée/prchvs said...

Wow, this is really beautiful, Maria! I love the simplicity, it's so eye-catching!!

toners said...

This is gorgeous! Way to go with the inspiration piece!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Maria, it definitely works! This is beautiful!! I *need* that sanded background stamp. This card was worth the wait!! Thanks!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Tammy Hershberger said...

Maria, this is awesome! What a great bag to use for inspiration!

Good luck with your Purple Onion submissions! I'm rooting for you!

Libby Hickson said...

Love this - and it is completely perfect for the challenge - very "natural" and pretty!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Maria, this is pure gorgeousness. Love the sanded background on the Kraft.

maria fiscella said...

So sophisticated and beautiful, Maria! Best wishes with your craft show!