Groovy Polka Dots

YEAH!!! Another Mojo sketch and this one was fun. Although I goofed it a little and didn't realize it until I was writing this post. My decorative paper is a little to big, there was suppose to be space on each side. Dang, guess I have to try again ;) I really like this sketch. It's really similar to one of my faves from the Anni-Verve-Sary challenges. I don't usually do very good with angles but this one turned out alright. I added the brads to the angled piece and really like the simplicity of this card. However, I was having a brain fart when I stamped the stems. Black?!?!? Why not green?!?! Oh well, just another reason to try again.
I colored the flowers with my Riding Hood Red reinker and my blender pens. Since SU doesn't make markers in the In Colors I made a temporary one. I added a drop of ink to the lid of my stamp pad and soaked up some ink with my blender pens. It works well, just be sure to clean the blender when your done by writing on a scratch sheet of paper until the pen writes clear.

Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe:
Stamps: Feeling Groovy, Floral Whimsy (Verve)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, My Minds Eye, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Black
Accesories: Brads, Scallop Edge Punch, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Paper Piercer

8 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a darling card! I love the fun papers and colors. Thanks for playing, Maria! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very adorable! I love the colors of all the dots!

Kathryn said...

Love the polka dots, love the flower-- such a great card -! :)

Pamela Smerker said...

Very cute, love the polka dot paper. I think your interpretation of the sketch is fantastic!

toners said...

This is sooo pretty! Love it!

Bev said...

Maria this is just fabulous!!! Love the dotty paper and gorgeous colours

hugs Bev x

Courtney said...

Oh, you've got the mojo, girl, this is great!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Love the polka dots, Maria! Gorgeous colors!! You did a wonderful job as usual!! :)
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com