Just A Simple Card!!!

This card was my first attempt at Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge but then at the last minute I added the sentiment on a strip at the bottom instead of the square like the sketch. I just love this sentiment and really wanted to use it. This card was inspired by Cambria's card for the sketch. I loved the flowers stamped directly on the designer paper and had to try it out. I stamped mine in Chocolate Chip and only went with three. I was going to stitch like she did and then got to lazy...lol!! I cheated and added the faux stitching along the side with my cuttlebug. I went over it with Whisper White Craft ink and a sponge dauber and love the effect. It really made it pop!! After I did that I had no place for the sentiment so the layout was sort of oopsed!!! That being said though I really like the way this turned out. These colors are so great. It wasn't until I posted this that I realized I'm in sort of a blue/brown mood!! I'll move on soon :)
Recipe:
Stamps: Like Like You Mean It (SU)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue, Porcelain Prints (SU)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close To Cocoa
Accesories: Faux Stitching Cuttlebug Folder, Brads

9 comments:

Beate said...

Maria, I love it! Love the faux stitching, the colors, the main image and the sentiment on that colored strip of cardstock!
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Lorie said...

This is a great card! I love the colors and detail too! :o)

Susan (rainy) said...

Blue/brown is good... In fact blue/brown is fabulous just like this card! Love the layout and the sentiment looks awesome just like you have it.

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Very pretty! Blue and brown is one of my favorite color combos. :)

LuLu said...

Stunning card. Love the colours and that georgeous image.

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Maria, your card is beautiful! The blue and brown combo really works...don't stop now! I really like how the image is stamped directly on the DSP...I'll have to try that. Beautiful job as always!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

toners said...

Maria, this is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the colors and the details!

Enjoli Bennett said...

Beautiful card! Love the color combo!! Great job on the sketch challenge. =)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very sweet, Maria! Love the Cuttlebug zig-zag border on the side and love the colors! You keep doing blue and brown... I don't mind!