Toot, Toot....

Chugga Chugga Big Red Car!! Any Wiggle's fan's out there?!?! All my kids loved them but the OBSESSION truly began with my two year old. He has a Wiggle's blanket, Wiggle's clothes, Wiggle's Movies and they play ALL DAY LONG!!! This title made me think of this song, I couldn't help it...SORRY!!

Anyway, the Toot Toot isn't about the Wiggles it's some exciting news that I get to share with you! I was asked to be a guest designer for Sketches {by tamara} and today is my day so run over there and check it out.....BUT WAIT...there's more. She had an unexpected opening on her Recipe's Design Team and asked me if I would join. I was excited but honestly, I had no idea what a recipe challenge was...LOL!!! I hurried to her blog to check it out and OMG!!! I don't know how I've missed this every week. The recipe designer's takes turns picking three "ingredients" that have to be included on your card (or scrapbook layout). What fun!!! Once I knew what a recipe challenge was I IMMEDIATELY said yes. I applied to be on her sketches design team but didn't make it. This sounds just as fun and I'm excited to be joining in.


Okay so you want to see some cards now????


This card is my guest design card:
I used sketch #59 which is my favorite to date. I just love this sketch!!

So now you want to see my first recipe challenge card???? Sorry, you have to wait until Tuesday! That's the day the new challenges are posted. Don't miss it, I did for way to long!! It's a great challenge and it's been added to my sidebar underneath my favorite challenges!!

Have a great rest of the weekend and thanks for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Floral Whimsy (Verve), Short and Sweet (SU)
Ink: Basic Black, Close To Cocoa
Paper: Real Red, Apricot Appeal, Tangerine Tango, Kraft, Polka Dots (my minds eye)
Accesories: Clear Button, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Brads, Word Window Punch, Paper Piercer, Marvy Giga Scalloped Circle Punch, CM Cutting System

6 comments:

toners said...

Maria, CONGRATULATIONS!! This is sooo well-deserved! :) And the card is beautiful! I look forward to more!

Jens Place in Space said...

Congratulations! Your card is beautiful and I love all your work I just saw on your blog. I am a fellow Colorado girl also! I moved here 3 years ago from MN and now live in H. Ranch!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Congratulations, my sweet friend!! You'll do them proud! This is a gorgeous card, Maria. I love those colors and the big button is so sweet! I can't wait to see your recipe on Tuesday!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Julie Hunt said...

Congratulations on your awesome success!!

Krista B. said...

Congratulations Maria! I can't wait to see your recipe creations. I love your card - so beautiful, all your work is gorgeous!

Susan (rainy) said...

Congratulations, Maria!! The recipe challenge sounds really fun. Love your card, too.