Verve Diva Challenge 10

This was such a great challenge!!! Amy Westerman is the featured diva this week over at SCS and we had to pick three pieces of designer paper to use on our card. The catch was they needed to be pulled blindly from your scraps stash. I think I lucked out. I was so scared of some insane combo that I wouldn't be able to pull off. I think these three worked together pretty good. I sponged all the edges in Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip and it kind of bonded them all together. I took the picture at the right to show you how I keep my scraps. One is for SU cardstock scraps and the other is for designer paper scraps. If they are small enough to fit they go in the jars. If they are to large I put the cardstock together in a drawer and the dp in a basket on my desk. This works the best for me because they are out. If I tuck them away I would never use them. I'm completely anal about my organization and the cardstock scraps all are organized by color family :) Ain't it perty!!!
Anyway, I pulled the scraps from the jar and just cut the two vertical pieces the same length and glued them on. Easy peasy!!!
The Verve floral image was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and repeated without reinking. I used copics to color in the flowers and just so happened to have the perfect three colors that actually looked like they were fading with the stems. For a final touch I ran the card through my Cuttlebug with the faux stitching and added some paper piercing.
I'm really surprised at how this card came together. Thanks Amy for such a wonderful trick!!!
Thanks for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Floral Whimsy (Verve)
Paper: Fall Flowers (SU), Close to Cocoa DP (SU), Plaid (My Minds Eye), Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Copics
Accesories: Cuttlebug Stiching Folder, Paper Piercer

6 comments:

Amy said...

Maria! I'm soooo proud of you! You did it, yeah!!!!! You really made it all work together, didn't you. Sponging the edges with brown really helped and you picked a coordinating color scheme that worked for all the paper! Woo-hoo!

Hugs,
Amy

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a cute card, Maria! My first thought, before reading was what a great combination of papers that is, even though they weren't meant to go together! You really lucked out and rocked this challenge! I will have to take a look at that tonight and give it a try!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

wow, Maria! It looks great! The shading on the edges really makes the faux stitching pop! I also love your organization tip!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Pamela Smerker said...

Love your card...very pretty!
I am digging your scrap storage jars, very cool idea. I think I will need buckets though, ha ha!

Libby Hickson said...

This is so pretty!!!

toners said...

You rocked this challenge!! Wow! Great job! I love the fading of the images from one side to the other :)