Weekend Sketch Challenge


Wow, I actually got to Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge BEFORE the end of the weekend. That hardly happens. I usually get it done just not this quickly. I found my new favorite color combo with this card. Black, Brocade Blue and Kraft. Chocolate Chip will always be my must have color but Kraft is quickly becoming one too!! Together they are the perfect pair!!!
I used my long neglected set Just Celebrate. This set was available in the spring mini and I loved it when it first came out. It hasn't seen much use lately. This little snowman was inked for the first time for this card. I love the way he looks on the Kraft. I colored him with my white gel pen but this morning found a better way to color a snowman on Kraft. Check out {THIS POST} from Jill's Card Creations to see what I mean. I had to email her to find out just how she did it because her's look so much softer than mine. The trick.....a blender pen dipped in White Craft Ink!!!!!! Thanks so much Jill, I'll try it next time!!! It's hard to see in the photo but I used my sponge dauber to pounce in some snow for him to stand on. I stamped the sentiment along the bottom and pierced in between it and along the top. The gingham ribbon is so cute, isn't it!! I'm falling in love with it too!!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Just Celebrate (SU)
Paper: Kraft, Brocade Blue, Black
Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White Craft
Accesories: Black Gingham Ribbon, Paper Piercer, Cuttlebug Snowflake Folder

4 comments:

Beate said...

Maria, that's the cutest card! I LOVE it!
Thanks for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable card, Maria! Love the soft colors!

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Maria! I meant to post earlier and tell you how much I love this card! The snowman is so cute and those colors rock! Love it!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Libby Hickson said...

Love this - that's a great color combo!! (I love anything with kraft, really!) And what a super tip about the blender pen!!