Bold Birdie

I'm not really feeling this one. I debated on even posting it or not but since it was all I had to show I decided to share. Libby really threw us a curve ball this week with the Courtney's Closet Challenge. The outfit is simply adorable but VERY bold. This patterned paper was the closest I could find. My little birdie was every color under the sun before I finally settled on just gray. The stitching was inspired by the close up photo of the bird. I really wanted to stitch, but mine is faux with my Taken With Teal marker.
I used Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge for the layout of this card. I think I may have liked it better if I could have fit a sentiment on the front but I had no idea where to try and squeeze it on. Come the end I just didn't have it in me to try and think about sentiment placement. ANY IDEAS!!!!
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Lablady2007 said...

love your birdie card . Try putting sentiment small and curved to go around petals ..But it looks great the way it is . Or inside the card could say it all.Ty for sharing

Cindy Haffner said...

Sweet birdie, TFS.

Libby Hickson said...

Well I *LOVE* how it turned out - I think it's soooo cute! I love your teal faux stitching!! One idea for a sentiment, maybe, is a small, one word sentiment on a little tab, sticking out under the ribbon or under the image panel?? But I think it's great without one!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh I think this is so cool! Love your stitching and how you placed the scallops. A wonderful collage feel.

Beate said...

Wonderful card! Love the sewing, the colors and the way you added the bird.
Great card! Thanks for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Courtney said...

Oh my! That is faux stitching! I could never do that! I'm too "straight lines"

the Tapler Ohana said...

Love this one Maria!!!