Gingham???

Yeah, it's Tuesday, time for another Recipe Challenge!!! This week's items were:
*Staples
*Paper Piercing
*Gingham
Hum, wonder who would want to use gingham???? Yep, it's me. I got to pick this weeks challenge. Being the newbie on the team I wasn't real sure what's been done and what hasn't so it took me awhile to come up with mine. Since I'm slightly addicted to Kraft and gingham and gingham is probably the less obvious choice I went with that. I hope I didn't throw to many of the girls (or you for that matter). Gingham is one of those prints you like or don't, but I guess that's part of what this challenge is about, breaking out of the norm.
So you want to see mine??
It ended up being a really simple card and I like it. I could see making quite a few of these for christmas pretty quickly. I used my spellbinders snowflake die cut again (LOVE THESE) and tied the gingham in the middle. I'm sad to say this was the last of my red gingham ribbon :( But don't worry, I'll buy more :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Short and Sweet
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Real Red, Kraft, Merry Christmas (paper studio)
Accesories: Staples, Red Gingham Ribbon, Paper Piercer, Spellbinders Snowflake Die

6 comments:

patty w said...

Very pretty ! I'm looking for ideas for my Christmas cards this year and this is simple enough that the kids could help with! Love the snowman one too!

You do wonderful work, Maria1

Tammy Hershberger said...

Cute! I love the homespun feel of this!

Courtney said...

I love the earthy tones here. What a great combo!!!

kathleenh said...

So pretty! I love the kraft and gingham together and I love how you tied the ribbon through the snowflake!

Cindy Haffner said...

Very pretty, love the colors.

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Another gorgeous Christmas card, Maria! I love the gingham and the snowflake...and the DSP. I'm off to check out the paper!!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com