Project Parade Challenge

Time for another Project Parade over at the Verve blog. This months challenge was to emboss (wet or dry). I wanted to do a card for both but ended up making two cards with dry embossing. As much as I love the look of wet embossing it just messy and I don't like messy!!!
I've been having a really hard time deciding on which card is better. I like the butterfly card, my hubby liked the flower. So I asked my girls. Macy liked the flower, Mattea the butterflies. Hum, no help!! I even went as far as to ask ALOT of my family. We got together over the weekend to celebrate my brother in law's birthday and our anniversary. Final Results: 50/50 :(
So now YOU are being polled. Which is better????
For the first card I used Kazan's Sketch and the color choices were inspired by my calendar. Aren't they great colors together!!! I used the butterflies from Fluttering By and the sentiment from Grateful Elegance.

For this card I used the Flower Head from Grateful Elegance and the stem from Thankful Blossoms. I used the latest Sketch {by tamara} for this card.
Here's a detail shot of the popped up flower head. I looked really flat so I stamped one on Whisper White cs and colored it with my copics.
So now it's time, which is better???
Recipe:
Stamps: Fluttering By, Grateful Elegance (VERVE)
Ink: Real Red, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Real Red, Baja Breeze, Kraft, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Accesories: brads, wide oval punch, cm cutting system, scallop edge punch, paper piercer, 1/4 circle punch, swiss dot's embossing folder
Recipe:
Stamps: Grateful Elegance, Thankful Blossoms, (VERVE) and Short and Sweet (SU)
Ink: Black, Copics
Paper: Real Red, Black, Designer Paper (imaginesce)
Accesories: brads, black gingham ribbon, word window punch

7 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Both are beautiful Maria! I personally like the butterfly card better. It's just so cheerful of a card. Thanks for playing! :)

Shannan Teubner said...

I think they are both adorable, but I'm with Julee...the butterfly one is my fave. You rock!

stampmonkey said...

They're both really pretty, but I like the flower better. ;)

tiggertastic said...

really like your cards, the first with the colour and the 2nd with the 3D flower and embossing paper

Sarah x

toners said...

Absolutely stunning!! My favorite is the butterfly card!

Su said...

Both are great but personally prefer the flower card.

Courtney said...

Oh my! I love them both! Can I officially be divided??